Updated! Public Invited to Learn About Budget Challenges
The meetings to discuss the general fund budget and the capital improvements program will begin at Westside Middle School on Tuesday, May 1, at 6 p.m. The public sessions will continue through May at the other middle schools to make it as convenient as possible for everyone in the community to attend.
Topics will include a brief lesson in school finance, increasing costs coming from the state, decreasing local revenue, and a summary of critical facility needs found during a recent facilities study by architectural firm Buckley and Associates. The session will end with a discussion of options available to the school system to weather the financial storm coming next year and time to answer questions from the community.
- Tuesday, May 1, at Westside Middle School
- Thursday, May 3, at Valley Point Middle School
- Tuesday, May 8, at North Whitfield Middle School
- Thursday, May 10, at New Hope Middle School
- Thursday, May 17, at Eastbrook Middle School
All of the meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are expected to last about one hour.